Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gluten-Free Carrot Muffins

We are going more and more gluten-free these days.  The following is a recipe I created to make carrot muffins that are gluten-free... and edible!  Go figure.  They also happen to be free of any milk, eggs, soy, corn, and artificial dyes.

In attempt to get my kids to consume less sugar and more veggies, I modified an already yummy recipe to include honey instead of cane sugar and carrots instead of applesauce.


Gluten-Free Carrot Muffins

Dry Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups gluten free bread mixture (garbanzo bean flour, millet flour and sorghum flour)
½ cup tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder (I make my own that uses ingredients to avoid corn)
1 ½ tsp arrowroot
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp sea salt

Wet Ingredients:
2 ¼ cup steamed and pureed carrots (using Vitamix)
½ cup local honey
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp vanilla

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients in mixer.  Whisk wet ingredients in bowl.  Combine wet and dry ingredients in mixer.

Grease mini-muffin tin with coconut oil.  Place batter in muffin tin.  Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes. 

Yummy to eat with SunButter, Almond Butter or Peanut Butter.  


Now if you will excuse me... I have to go intercept Johnny as he is grabbing muffins off the counter and consuming them faster than I can make them. 

No comments: