Friday, May 18, 2012

Things I Don't Want to Forget

Motherhood is a blur. Jen Hatmaker (super good author) describes motherhood as such, "I meant to savor every single moment, but life was harder than I envisioned and time went faster than I planned; my kids’ early years were like five minutes…underwater. These beautiful chaotic years of raising children are infinitely slow, but viciously fleeting. It’s the darndest thing..."

 She's right.

 Everyday, something happens that makes me think, "Remember that Becky. You have to remember that. It was so silly that I think there is no way I'll forget it." And then I forget like 10 minutes later what the funny thing was.

 So I thought I would make a list here as documentation of my kids at this crazy, but fleeting stage of life. So... things I don't want to forget at this moment when Johnny is 22 months and Howie just turned 5 years:

  • Johnny calls a zebra a "see yah" and the iPad a "pi pad". 
  • Howie just started sleeping with his light off after years of needing it on. He's getting brave. 
  • The boys LOVE to turn on music and do the "Paw Paw" which is a dorky dance that involves pointing your fingers to the sky as you pump your arms and shaking your behind. 
  • Howie recognized the word "zoo" on his calendar and he is starting to notice more written words in his world. 
  • Johnny does the cutest and klutziest jumps.

No comments: