Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Explorations

A new friend who is wedding photographer showed me some things about my camera to help launch me from being completely "automatic" to playing with the manual settings. Now, I am no wedding photographer, but I have been enjoying some play time with my Nikon. I keep hearing over and over, "Just play with your camera and take lots of pictures."

So... today I experimented with taking some outside photos on the manual setting. I learned a lot in the quick 10 minute session with the boys... I mostly learned what NOT to do and took a lot of pretty bad pictures. But it was so rewarding to get the good ones!

I found it amusing that while I was experimenting with the camera, they were experimenting with the bubbles I had bought them at the grocery this morning. We were all learning stuff together.

Here are some of the better pictures I got. I wish there was audio with these images, Johnny was laughing so hard he was shrieking. And Howie was delighted with the bubbles he was working so hard to produce. Naturally, the session ended with Johnny dumping the container of bubbles out on the deck and saying, "Uh oh."





No comments: