Saturday, November 10, 2012

New House

It was like climbing a mountain, and then climbing another one.  
A week filled of moving stuff was enough to make me want to trash it all and 
go live in a hut with a fire and blanket.  We have so much stuff!

There was a lot of this:
 And this:
By the time the movers arrived over the weekend, the majority of our little possessions had been moved and it was a matter of getting the big stuff over there.  After moving everything myself for a week, it was strange to let these guys come in and do the lifting.  And emotional.  Walking through the empty house at Creekwoods brought some hiccups of sadness to me.  And driving out of the neighborhood was enough to make me sob.  I'll miss those stinkin' nice neighbors of mine!!  

All the hard work does reap benefits.  
We are settling in to this new, amazing home and enjoying the extra space it provides.  
BTW, the house was immaculate when we came to move in.  Susie- if you are reading this: 
THANK YOU for the amazing shape you left it.  What a gift.  

We are starting to create spaces that reflect our stage of life as the week wears on.  
Here are some of my favorites...

The coloring station for the boys in the kitchen...

 My area of luxury: pillows on the stairway's bench, overlooking the pond.  I thought the boys would tamper with this area and throw the pillows about, but so far they see the space as sacred as I do...

Howie's collection of paper airplanes to throw from the second floor balcony...

Of course, there is still much to be done.  
Don't let me fool you into thinking that every box has been unpacked. 

But the important things have been unburied.  Like the BoBo's, our winter clothes, Mommy's chocolate stash, etc.  And the most important part is that we are starting to fill the space with friends and family. 

A new adventure has just begun...

No comments: