Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Here's to you, Grandma Sue...


Grandpa Jim was in town this past weekend.  
Well, "Great Grandpa Jim" to Howie and just "Jim" to Johnny.  
I decided to "try a little experiment" (hmmm... Dad!) and try out the famous recipe of Grandma Sue's chop suey for the crowd.   
There were a few modifications made (such as I just used a 1/3 cup of brown sugar instead of a WHOLE CUP, thank you) and I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned (sorry, I can't stomach the texture of canned mushrooms).  

Naturally, I was nervous about the approval of the two Wallace men at the table.  

Here is what Dad thought after his second helping....


And I believe Grandpa Jim felt the same.  

Sarah, Johnny and Howie are still thinking about it...
Not really, they gobbled it up too!

We love you Grandma Sue and miss you dearly.  
It was a nice night of remembering you and talking about days gone by...




No comments: