Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our New Normal

Just when I think that allergies have not really changed our lives too much, I find myself chuckling at something that I think is "normal".  After awhile, you get used to certain daily situations that are different due to allergies.  Here are a few things that I find normal...
6.  I never leave the house without "safe snacks" (egg-free, peanut-free, banana-free and of course, no peas) just in case we find ourselves in a restaurant that doesn't accomodate allergies. 
5. I write to Papa Johns to complain about how they don't post their ingredients on their website and their employees cannot find a list of ingredients in the store.
4. Howie has a large orange sticker on his nursery badge.  It pretty much screams, "Caution!  I am allergic!" and I love it!
3. Our kitchen cabinets are stocked with Hydrocortisone, Benadryl, and Epi-Pens instead of peanut butter.
2. I would rather wake up at 5 am to work-out than leave my child at the child-watch where they might not notice an allergic reaction happening. 
1. I am equally afraid of Howie eating eggs as I am of him sticking his fingers into an electric socket. 

No comments: